My Blog List

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good tidings to you...

I always love this time of year when the snow is falling outside and the air just seems to be a bit fresher. Oh, wait a minute it's 10 degrees outside with no hope of snow reaching the okanogan valley any time soon. I hate deep freezes...I really hate them! This is about the time of year when I really wished I lived somewhere mild and sunny, not Florida or anything heinous like that but somewhere the sun hits my face and the breeze feels like a nice fall day. When you just want to spend all day outside and keep thinking of reasons you must be outside. Oh well I guess I'm stuck in the deep ice pit I call home (sigh). Speaking of this time of year...Christmas time, yeah! We are taking a trip this weekend to Leavenworth and meeting my folks for dinner; at Cafe' Monet (blog to follow, to OH and awe over their wonderful food) and festivities for my dad's birthday. I'm sure we'll do the usual pictures with Santa, tree lighting etc. Actually this town is supposed to be pretty spectacular all lit up for the holidays so we should not be without things to do and see. We'll see how the Santa visit goes this year however. Last year was a complete disaster. We tried this picture taking twice, sidebar (why it's so important for us as parents to get these Santa pictures taken of our children; to insure the cruelty we endured as children?) Anyhow the picture was taken and it was Santa, Waylon and myself between him and the jolly man. The only way he would take the picture. I guess I should be proud he knows stranger danger, I mean these Santa's can look a little sketchy at times. Well, hope everyone's enjoying this wonderful time of year and maybe you've gotten a bit further than I have on decorating. We're getting the tree this weekend I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment